Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Children

Alright, just to get this out of the way. I do not really like children.
As much as I kind of should; as I'm supposed to love everyone, a lot of children annoy me. My nephew, Oliver, is the one exception to the rule, and he proves that not every single toddler needs to be a little shit, who cries for everything. I'm stubborn in regards to walking around the shopping centre; if I hear a child crying, I always find endless joy in seeing the child's parent ignoring him/her, nothing else makes me happier. I guess it stems down to my easily agitated nature. I'm not that person who is going to give someone what they want if they go about it the wrong way. If someone asks me for help without at least doing so politely, I would like to think that I would ignore them. Sure, some children wouldn't understand the convention of etiquette, so I fully realize that I should excuse them, but I don't. I also realize that I am extremely contradictory to my previous entry, but that's just the way I am. I have good days and bad days. But in the end, when I hopefully eventually have a child, I'm not going to be that parent who lets the child do whatever. It's not too hard to teach a child manners. Little bastard toddlers turn into bastard teenagers and they turn into bastard adults. It's all about being a good parent, people. So people, when your kid wants a lollipop and you refuse initially, don't give into mindless tantrums in order to get piece and quiet. Because guess what? You're going to be suffering them a lot more in the future if you unconsciously teach that child that tantrums are the correct way to obtain items they want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment